LAPAROSCOPIC SURGERY FOR CANCER OF LARGE INTESTINE (RIGHT HEMICOLECTOMY/ COLONIC RESECTION)
Laparoscopic Colorectal Cancer Surgery
What is Colon Cancer or Colorectal Cancer?
Colon, or colorectal, cancer is cancer that starts in the large intestine (colon) or the rectum (end of the colon).
What are the risk factors of Colorectal Cancer?
- Are older than 60
- Are African American or of eastern European descent
- Eat a lot of red or processed meats
- Have colorectal polyps
- Have inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn diseaseor ulcerative colitis)
- Have a family history of colon cancer
- Have a personal history of breast cancer
- H/O familial adenomatous polyposis (FAP)
What are the Symptoms of Colorectal Cancer?
- Abdominal pain and tendernessin the lower abdomen
- Blood in the stool
- Diarrhea, constipation, or other change in bowel habits
- Narrow stools
- Weight loss with no known reason
What are surgical options for colorectal cancer?
All surgeries are done laparoscopically and depends on site of primary lesion